Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm probably going to regret saying this

but I'll do it anyway... I don't need to buy new clothes.

I have the skills and knowledge to make my own, I have had great success finding 2nd hand bargains at the op shops (including heaps of fabric for a dollar a metre!) and there are far more important things to be bought with the money!


So in an effort to stop emotional spending of the "All my clothes make me look huge, new jeans will make me feel better" variety, I have a plan. It will save us some money, and challenge me to be clever and creative and think about what I really need rather than what I want want want!

Lots of people are doing it. I've been reading blogs and articles about it for a while now, thinking "yeah, I could do that" and then proceeding to not do it!

In 2010 I will not buy any new clothes!

Details of The Plan coming soon!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you. We can check out each other's progress ;)

    ReplyDelete