Thursday, March 5, 2009

Covering Cushions

We were in desperate need of some nice cushions for our new(ish) couch. The ish shows how slack I've been in getting said cushions made. I had all the fabric and a cupboard full of nude cushions, so all I bought was some thread and 3 zips.
I'm pretty pleased with them, especially the bolster as I made it up as I went along!
I has a tonne of this fabric, my shopping bags are made out of it, now the cushions, and I even have enough left to make myself a skirt. Which I won't be able to wear if I plan on sitting on the couch as I will probably look like a giant cushion!
They have Coen's seal of approval!



We also needed some cushions for Coen's couch. We have one of the divans from Grandma & Grandpa's house. Until we get a new top for it, the cushions are prettying it up.
More creations from stash too! The cushions are from the afore mentioned cupboard full of cushions.

One is made from my old pyjama top.

The other is from Darron's old PJ top. It even has a pocket just the right size for Mawson!

They were super easy, turn the top inside out, mark the size of the cushion, overlock the edges, turn right side out, stuff in cushion, do up buttons! There are still a couple more cushions to do, but progress has been made!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment