Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Taste of Things to Come

We're finally starting to get something edible from our little veggie patch! We've been flush with broccolini for a week now and this morning while we were watering, Coen and I noticed that some of our snow peas are ready!

Our little 4 square patch has been an education! We lost half our sweet corn to frost when they were tiny, but the rest (up the back) is getting tall fast! It looked like we lost our eggplants too, but I fed the little sticks and kept watering them and now they've sprouted leaves again, I hope they make it, I love eggplant! I need to spread out the leeks a bit more, I noticed that mum's had more space and were much bigger and they came from the same seedlings (a little bit of garden envy!). We've also got onions on the go and lots of different coloured capsicums which would be doing better if Riley would stop running over them.

Tonight's stir fry!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment