Saturday, January 17, 2009

Face Painting

After trawling the internet looking for inspiration to make something, I rummaged through my WIPs and found a little doll that I made years and years ago, one of the first. Last year I found her again and started fixing her up. She had a horrible primative face and a circle of hair tacked onto her head. So I had already ripped off her hair, turned her around and given her hair implants to cover up her old face. But then she got shuffled back to the bottom of the pile.
In a flash of motivation I decided to paint her face. It's been a long time since I've made a doll. Over a year at least. I'd forgotten how fun it is to paint up their faces and see their personality emerge. Here she is with her new face.


She's only 28cm tall, and her hair is twice as big as she is. And now she has a cheeky smile and a bit of life. Now I must get some clothes on her. And some shoes. And a name.


No comments:

Post a Comment